Would you like to experience the joy of picking your own oysters? Are you tired of waiting for the state to “open the season” ?
Come down to Hood Canal Seafood any time of year and pick your own oysters. We are a family owned farm located on the Hood Canal in scenic Seabeck Washington. We are only a short ride from the ferry terminal in Bremerton or Bainbridge Island, Washington.
Please call us ahead of time or check our open times below so that we can match you with the best tides to schedule your appointment.
Please note our beaches are closed August and most likely September due to heat and high risk of vibrio.
Please schedule via our new online system by clicking here
We charge 6$ per dozen any size Pacific Oyster and $8 per dozen for our Laframage specialty oysters. We also have clams available for purchase at 4$ per lb when available.
Due to limited space and other restriction we do charge a 5$ fee for parties over 3 adults that are not purchasing oysters or clams (children under the age of 18 are excluded)
You may take your oysters home with you in the shell or shuck a few and eat them here on the beach.
All unopened oysters need to be taken home in cooler or bucket with ice and good for up to a week under refrigeration. Any open oysters must be consumed on the premises.
Please do not come out in your favorite sports car as we are located at the end of a gravel road with inclines or motor cycles. We have had numerous issues with people bringing their motor cycles out and not being able to make it back up the driveway.
Here are a few things that would be helpful when you visit us:
- Wear hiking boots or shoes with good traction. The beach is rocky as oysters love to grow in rocky terrain. DO NOT come in flip flops or other open toed shoes as you will not be allowed on the beach.
- You will not need a shellfish license as you are purchasing them from us.
- Do not bring any pets with you as we can not have them on the farm. This seems to be a constant problem. If you bring your pet they will have to sit in your vehicle.
- Please bring a bucket with you to put your oysters in. We will have some available for 5$ if you do not bring your own.
- Bring gloves with rubber backings on them if you like; however it is not necessary. I do highly recommend garden gloves for kids so they dont cut their fingers. However if you are going to be opening oysters while you are here you will need to make sure you have gloves on
- If you would like to, bring a hammer as some of the oysters are in clusters and will need to be knocked off the rocks.
- If you are coming out to the farm in the summer months (May – September) you will need a larger cooler to bring your oysters home with you. They can not leave the farm with out being refrigerated. We will have ice available for purchase if needed as well as extra coolers for 10$
- Each individual will leave with an oyster tag, and a handout for how to properly store oysters. Our staff will also be on hand to help educate you on our oysters and our farm.
- For all GROUP ON users. Your group on entitles you to pick and any children you bring with you (under the age of 18). Any one else that comes with you will need to purchase oysters or pay a 5$ entrance fee in order to pick with you no matter how many group ons you purchased.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
** Please note that we have had a lot of issues with people bringing animals out to the farm. We are a registered farm and not allowed to have animals on our beach per the Department of Health. Please keep your animals at home**